Friday, September 20, 2013

September 2013 Birchbox Review & Unboxing

View my Unboxing Video and then come back and read my post :)








Overall thoughts: I give this box a 4/5. I was not impressed with the box on first glance, but after using a couple of the products I feel like it was a decent box. The only thing I would want to change is to have another product in exchange for the tiny oil sample.






Inside the box is:

1.) Coastal Scents Eye Shadow | I was turned off by the size of the palette at first, but I LOVE the shades of eye shadow that I was given. Also, the shadows stay on all day long so there is no need to reapply! Full size, $34-$39

2.)  Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips | A good product but not impressed. It is no better than Carmex which is 5x cheaper. Full size, $14.50

3.) Paula's Choice Resist BHA 9 for Stubborn Imperfections | I have not tried this product yet, but it may even be too small to actually get a feel for the product. I would have rather had another product in replace of this. This is like their infamous perfume and foil packet samples. They are just TOO small! Full Size, $36.95

4.) Ruffian Nail Lacquer- Hedge Fund | Love the color and the formula. One of my favorite nail polishes at the moment.  Full Size, $10

5.) Serge Normant Meta Luxe Nair Spray | I rarely have a need for a hair spray so I will probably use this as a stocking stuffer. Good sized item anyway.  Full Size, $25



Is this box worth $10: Yes, the samples are pretty high end products this time around. They could have been bigger but whatever.
Is this box worth my $10: Eh I'd say no. I would not pay $10 knowing that I would only really care for 2/5 products. I like the Eye Shadow and Nail Polish, the Dr. Lipp is just ok since it is small, and the other two products I have no need for. 

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own and I was not asked, nor do I get compensation, to review the box or these items.

If you would like to sign up for the Beauty Box yourself, here is the link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=l4w14

No comments:

Post a Comment