Monday, September 30, 2013

Beauty Box 5 Review: A year later



Last November I did a review on a Beauty Box Five box. I wanted to see how they changed in the past year. If you would like to read last years post go here.



The first thing I noticed that was different was there was a card describing the items in the box. A lot of other subscription boxes include this card and in my opinion it makes the box seem more professional. Other than that the packaging was the same.

The items I received in this months box:

1.) Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow: In the color Birthday Suit. Retails for $14.

2.) Swissco Nail File: This is really cute and will make a great stocking stuffer. Retails for $1.50

3.) H20 Plus Aquafirm & Micro Collagen Moisturizer: Sort of small for a sample, but interested in trying it out. Retails for $50.00

4.) Bask Heavenly Silk Skin Lotions: Smells okay, but not a scent I would personally pick up if out shopping. There was just nothing special about the scent. Retails for $19.98

5.) Nubar Nail Laquer: Retails for $8.00

I thought that the sample sizes were similar to last years box. I felt that the variety in this box was a lot better than lasts years. Last years came with two mascara products. I do not like to see repeat types of products in one box just in case they are for categories that I do not use. I do not think they need to change their sample sizes, at least they are not giving small perfume samples like Birchbox.

The only thing I would like them to improve on is to include more well known brands (ex: Benefit). I like to try out new brands, but I also like the security of old favorites.

Pros: Sample Sizes, Variety, Packaging

Cons: Lots of unknown brands.

Visihttp://beautybox5.com/get-the-box if you would like to sign up.




No comments:

Post a Comment