Friday, November 9, 2012

Beauty Box 5 Review







Beauty Box 5 was kind enough to send me a complimentary box for me to test out and review for you all. If you want to see my unboxing video, look above.

In my video I announced that I would use 3/5 products in the box, but actually that number has been reduced to 2/5 products. I thought the "Blinc mascara" was just a typical mascara but it actually sets little tubes onto your eyelashes in which you actually peel off using warm water. I have actually heard from many that it is uncomfortable so I will not be trying it.

Below I have a description of everything that was included in the box.

1.) Pur-lisse gentle soy milk cleanser and makeup remover 1.7oz.. This is a good size sample and I can not wait to try it out. A full bottle is 5.6 ounces and retails for $36!

2.) Bodyography  Foundation Primer Clear .53oz. Even though it sounds a lot smaller than the cleanser, and of course it is a bit, it is actually a great sample size for a primer. I have recieved a lot smaller ones in Birchbox. Also very excited to try this out and have seen great results from recent primers that I have tried out. A full size bottle is around $15.

3.) Blinc Mascara .02oz. This is a small sample, and with a normal mascara this would probably last a few weeks at most, with this type of product I am not sure. As described above, this product places tubes onto your lashes and you use warm water and pressure from your finger tips to pull them off. I have not heard great reviews about this, and I will not be trying it myself. Full size costs $26 for waterproof and $14 for washable.

4.) City Cosmetics City Lips Collagen Enhancing Lip Treatment, 1.5mls. According to it's description, "Once applied, lips swell continually for hours to visibly fill lines, boost volume, and keep lips lusciously moist." Not sure if I will try this out or not. The word "swell" does turn me off a bit. If any one has tried this let me know! Full Size retails for $35.

5.) Lash Card. These are individually wrapped Mascara Shields. They help prevent mascara from smudging and clumping. It looks as if you place these above your eyes while adding mascara. I do not have a huge issue with smudging or clumping so I will not be using these. Full size is around $27.

So after reviewing this box I am happy with the sample sizes and a couple of the products. I did feel that 2 eyelash products was too many in the box and if they replaced one of them with a different type of beauty product I would have been happier. So the pros are that they have great sample sizes so if that is what you are looking for in a box you should give it a try! I will continue to look at reviews of others boxes before making a decision. Please let me know if you enjoy the company and if filling out the beauty profile really works in your benefit. 

Thanks Beauty Box 5 for sending me this box to review. Please keep your sample sizes the way they are, customers love it! For me the majority of these products I would not use, but maybe in the future I will sign up!

Here is the link for all the info on signing up for BB5: https://www.beautybox5.com/get_the_box.php



No comments:

Post a Comment