Saturday, February 15, 2014

February 2014 Birchbox Review & Unboxing

View my Unboxing Video and then come back and read my post :)






Overall thoughts: I give this box a rating of 3/5. This months box was partnered with US Magazine. Usually the partnered boxes are much better than regular months but this one was a bust. Not only were most sample sizes small but they seem like products that are typically in a box. Also, new subscribers got a subscription to the magazine while those who are already subscribed did not get an extra like that. In my eyes they should be rewarding long term subscribers as well. 







Inside the box is:

1.) AYRES Bar Soap in Patagonia | It looks like a travel size soap. I will use it. I am more of Body wash person but that is okay.  Full size, $10

2.)  Beauty Protector Protect & Oil | This is a hair oil that also protects against heat and UV rays. I love this brand, all of their products smell great. This is my favorite item in the box. I'd consider this a deluxe sample size item. Full size, $21.95

3.) Eleven Skin perfection Eye Cream & Concelor | Great Sample size and a product that I will actually use so this was worth it for me. Full Size, $30

4.) Juara Candlenut Body Creme | So disappointed! I LOVED this, it smelled so good. I hate that the sample was SO small. This certainly not a deluxe size sample either. I may buy this in the future though, on sale, not for full price.  Full Size, $35

5.) Juicy Couture Couture La La Malibu | Though the perfume smells great I do not want perfume samples, ever. They honestly bring down the value of the box SO much for me. If you are looking for a new scent I do recommend this. Full Size, $52-72





Is this box worth $10: Yes. All of the items were pretty expensive in full size, so even the smallest sizes will add it over $10.
Is this box worth my $10: Absolutely not. Even though I will use all of the products (there was nothing that I hated) I feel I got jipped with receiving both a perfume AND a foil packet. This may be one of my least favorite boxes ever. I still love Birchbox but when they advertise that the box is partnered with a HUGE company, I expect much much more! In the past they have included a special life style extra such as a razor or a full tube of chapstick and I feel in boxes like these were they hype it up so much they should include something like that. 

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own and I was not asked, nor do I get compensation, to review the box or these items.

If you would like to sign up for the Beauty Box yourself, here is the link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=l4w14

No comments:

Post a Comment