Friday, October 11, 2013

October 2013 Birchbox Unboxing and Review.

View my Unboxing Video and then come back and read my post :)









Overall thoughts: I give this box a 4/5. It was not one of my favorite boxes but had good sample sizes included. What I did not like was I found out after filming that the Liz Earle Cloth and Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser were two separate samples. I feel that this is a rip off considering you need the cloth to use the Hot Cloth Cleanser. So even though the products are great, this is why I can not give it 5 stars.







Inside the box is:

1.) Alison Raffaele Reality Base Foundation | This is a super teeny sample. I guess we graduated from getting perfume samples to getting another type of sample at a similar size.  Full size, $38

2.)  Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser  | Super excited to check this out and see how well it works for my skin. Full size, $21.50

3.) Liz Earle Pure Muslin Cloth | Still upset that this was considered a separate sample and not included with the sample above! I will forever hold a grudge! Full Size, $6

4.) POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer | Full Size item! But the gloss is not very pigmented. I will still use it though.  Ful Size, $14

5.) Chapstick Hydration Lock | This Chapstick is supposed to last 8 hours. I will have to try this out in the winter. Full size item, woohoo!  Full Size, $2.99



Is this box worth $10: The POP Beauty and Chapstick were full size items, and the Liz Earle Cleanser is a great size trial item so yes worth way more than $10.
Is this box worth my $10: It is worth it. I am not unhappy with this box. I consider myself getting 4 items and two of them being full size. However, as I previously mentioned I do not think its cool that the cloth was a separate item. Though the cloth may be sold separate from the cleansers anyway.  

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own and I was not asked, nor do I get compensation, to review the box or these items.

If you would like to sign up for the Beauty Box yourself, here is the link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=l4w14

No comments:

Post a Comment