Monday, October 14, 2013

October 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box Unboxing & Review




Please watch my unboxing video and then come back and read this post :)










The Popsugar Must Have Box is a subscription box which costs $35 per month ($39.99 starting next month), BUT all the products you get are full size and the boxes are always worth more than $100! If you love getting surprises than this box is for you!.



Sorry for the terrible picture. I did not realize how bad it was until after I put all the items away and started using them. 






The items in the box:

1.) The Can't Cook Book: Recipes For The Absolutely Terrified: This was a great item to add to the box, but I personally do not use cookbooks. I already have enough clutter and items around the house. If I need a recipe I look it up online. Honestly, I do not cook things out of the ordinary too often that I need a recipe for. I ended up selling the book and got about $10 for it. Value: $16.79
2.) NYX Cosmetics Liquid Liner AND Smokey Shadow Palette: Popsugar counts this as one item but this is two great items in my book! I LOVE the colors in the Smokey Shadow Palette. I will definitely be keeping these items for myself! Value: $7 for the palette and $6 for the liner.
3.) Gorjana Charity Bali Bead Bracelet: I have already worn this bracelet and it is so cute! The only thing I do not like is it does not stretch very well and is hard to get on and off. I just hope I do not break it anytime soon. $45
4.) Julep for Popsugar Duo Nail polish: I do not get the Julep box because I honestly do not need anymore nail polish. I thought that it was so cool that they collaborated with Popsugar though. I needed a top coat pretty soon anyway so that was useful and the polish is so cute for fall.  $32
5.) Jane Tran Bobby Pins: This product was just eh. I really do not use bobby pins too often and especially over sized ones. I will give this away.  $12
6.) The Wet Brush: This brush is to be used when your hair is wet. However, I will be using it all the time since I needed a new brush anyway. $14
7.) The Crispery Halloween CrispyCake: This was SO good. I got it on Friday and it was gone by the end of the weekend. A very nice treat to include in an October Box :) $3.95
8.) Stitch Fix $20 off your purchase: I do not like getting these, as you all know. They are never really gift cards since the amount never counts towards shipping even if your item is less than the amount of the gift card. However, as an extra I do not mind it in the box.



This was one of the best boxes yet! It is pretty sad that they are going up in price but I actually subscribed to the year to save me some money. However, if they continue to make boxes like this the extra cost is worth it. There was so many items in this box, much more than usual.

 Total value of the box: $156.74 ($136.74 if not including the special extra "Gift Card").  This box is about average for the worth, plus we got lots of nice things. When they include less things it is more likely someone will not be happy with anything in the box.

To sign up go here: http://popsu.gr/THB

No comments:

Post a Comment