Saturday, October 26, 2013

Book Review: Bobby | A short Story


It's the summer of 1979. The weather is fantastic, and Danny can't wait to take Bobby, his disabled younger brother, fishing today, away from Dad, away from everything. But Danny has been frightened of Bobby's wheelchair ever since hearing of its terrible history. But those are just stories. They haven't any idea what can really happen, and they certainly aren't prepared for what awaits them today at Grady Pond. 


The description above greatly describes what the story is focused on, the wheel chair. At the beginning of the story the focus is on Bobby (and if you did not read the description above beforehand you may think the story will have some Carrie type twist!) The cover art is great because it also gives you a sense of what the story is about before reading it (again focusing on the wheelchair, and not the person in the wheelchair). 

I was very intrigued by the story since I love suspenseful stories. This story kept me on the edge of my seat for a while. The only thing that bothered me (and made me skip a page) was that there was some animal cruelty in the book. When I read I have a picture in my mind of everything that is happening and I could not bear to have the details evolve in my mind of an animal getting hurt-- so if you are like me then you may not want to read the story, or you may at least want to skip a couple pages!

For those of you who love a good suspense and are not freaked by graphic details this is a story for you! it is only 99 cents to purchase on Amazon! AND if you are signed up for prime and have a kindle device you can borrow the story for FREE!

Be sure to leave a comment below if you read the story and let me know what you thought about it. Also, if you have any questions that you have after reading my review please feel free to leave them below and I will answer them to the best of my knowledge! 

If you are more into comedy than suspense be sure to read my review of Scott Zavoda's other short story Morning Commute!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment