Monday, November 18, 2013

November 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box Unboxing & Review


Please watch my unboxing video and then come back and read this post :)








The Popsugar Must Have Box is a subscription box which costs $39.99 per month, BUT all the products you get are full size and the boxes are always worth more than $100! If you love getting surprises than this box is for you!.









The items in the box:

1.) Michael Stars Wrap: I will personally wear this as a scarf but you can also wear it as a shawl. This is really cute and I will definitely be wearing it soon since it is starting to get cold! I am really excited for this since I would not have bought this for myself based on the price but love it! Value: $42

2.) Illume Candle: I have been hoping for a candle from one of these boxes for a while now! I am so glad they finally included one again (they have included them in the past but not since I have been subscribed)! I have not tried it out yet but it smells SO good! I just hope it makes the whole room smell good since it is only one wick. Value: $15.75

3.) Land's End Single Canvas Tote Bag: Really disappointed for this item. I do not drink wine so the only thing I can do with this tote is to wrap a gift up for someone in it. I just think that this was not a very good item to include in a box since a lot of people do not drink wine and even the people that do most will not have a need for it. $14.50

4.) Maison de Monaco Strawberry & Blackcurrant Cream Preserves: Not too excited for this but I will try it out anyway.  $6

5.) The Soap & Paper Factory Roland Pine Shea Butter Soap: I always love getting beauty products so I am happy they included this. I usually use Body Wash but it is nice to switch it up. $8

6.) Absolute! Nail Polish Remover Pads: These will always come in handy. Super excited for these! $1.99

7.) Barefruit Crunchy Sea Salt Caramel Apple Chips:I was excited for these but I have since tried them and am not a huge fan. I will try and finish them off since I do not like wasting food. They are not disgusting, but they are not tasty either. $1

8.) Cavaspop Gift Card: Ah, the infamous Pop Sugar "Gift Card" is just as bad as the Birchbox "Perfume Sample". I have no need nor want for a Canvasprint so I will throw this one out. I have been subscribed for 10 months now and have only used 1 out of 10 Gift Cards that have come in the boxes. 



Not the worst box that I have received but not the best either. I am slightly disappointed in the Wine Tote, Canvaspop Print "Gift Card", and the food items included this month. BUT I am happy for the scarf, candle, soap, and nail polish remover pads so I will be happy until next month! They did include one less item than last month, and the value of the box is much lower than previous months!

 Total value of the box: $119.24 ($89.24 if not including the special extra "Gift Card").  This box is on the lower side price wise compared to an average Popsugar Box. Since they raised their prices I thought they would include maybe one more small item a month. I mean two of the items were under $2 so that is why this box is not as high in value as others. I really hope the service does not start to go down hill after the price hike though (luckily I locked my price in until next October). 

To sign up go here: http://popsu.gr/THB

2 comments:

  1. so how did you not pay full price for this? or do you mean the total contents is more than the sub price? i'm just asking because popsugar was my fave sub box! i received it as a gift and miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle,

      I consider myself getting a discount on these items because of the value (over $100) vs the price you pay. However, since I signed up for the year before they raised the prices I am actually getting the box for $31.99 a month for the next year while others are paying $39.99. If you really enjoy the boxes and plan on signing up I would suggest you sign up for the year, I think it would reduce your cost to around $35 per month.

      Delete