Sunday, August 11, 2013

August 2013 Birchbox Review & Unboxing

View my Unboxing Video and then come back and read my post :)







Overall thoughts: I give this box a 3/5. It lost major points for having 3 foil packets, and no large or full size samples. A full size item along with a few smaller samples and a few foil packets is acceptable BUT all small size samples with foil packets is not. Shame on you Birchbox.









Inside the box is:

1.) Dr Jart+ Premium BB Cream SPF 45+ | Although this is a small sample it is an acceptable size since the product is so expensive to begin with. I have used this sample a couple times now and love it. It gives me coverage all day and does not fade. The color was also flattering for my skin tone. Full size, $39

2.)  MIYU Beauty de-stress mi beauty essence & tea | I will use the facial mist, however we only got one tea bag. I'm sure I will try the tea but most teas that I have received in Birchbox I have not liked. Full size, $16-34

3.) OC8 Professional Mattifying Gel | These came as two foil packets. I will use them but the foil packets do not make me excited to try the product.  Full Size, $41

4.) Whish Exfoliating Body Wash | This is a small sample for a body wash and will not last me long. I have used it once so far and I do love the coconut scent.  Full Size, $22

5.) The beauty extra this month is Whish Hair Inhibiting Deodorant Swipes. So much for "Swipes". This was a foil packet with ONE wipe. It is handy to keep in your purse but couldn't they have included at least two of them.  Full Size, $16



Is this box worth $10: Maybe. I think since the samples are all from Premium brands they would add up to more than $10 even though they are wimpy samples. 
Is this box worth my $10: No. I do not HATE the box, but I do not appreciate getting foil packets. Foil packets are something a company sends you for free in the mail. I do not know why Birchbox has not caught on to this yet. I will use most of the items though. I was thinking of switching to a yearly, instead of monthly, subscription. I probably still will but a box like this doesn't really make me jump to change it. 

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own and I was not asked, nor do I get compensation, to review the box or these items.

If you would like to sign up for the Beauty Box yourself, here is the link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=l4w14

No comments:

Post a Comment