Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 2013 Birchbox Review & Unboxing

View my Unboxing Video and then come back and read my post :)






Overall thoughts: I would say 4/5. All the products in the box are decent sizes and are all products I will use. This box lost half a point for only including one cosmetic item (other than the bonus item, the rest were skincare) and another half of point (not Birchbox's fault on this one) since I am completely stocked up on all of these products so I am not TOO excited.








Inside the box is:

1.) Benefit Cosmetics It's Potent! Eye Cream | This is an okay size sample and since it is an eye cream I am sure it will last a long time. It came in very cute packaging also. Full size, $34

2.)  DDF Acne Control Treatment | I am super stocked up on Acne Treatments so I do not necessarily need this but I will end up using it eventually. A good size sample anyway. Full size, $44

3.) Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect | Also very stocked up on this since I received a full size sample of another leave in conditioner a couple months ago and also used my Birchbox points to get a full size of the Beauty Protector since it smelled amazing! Also, good sized.   Full Size, $32

4.) theBalm Cosmetics InStain Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush | I am wearing this today and although it is not my favorite blush (I really enjoy the Cargo Brush that I received in a previous months box) I will still wear it! Full Size, $22

5.) The beauty extra this month is Birchbox Bobby Pins. I know I said in my unboxing video that I was going to give these away but I have not quite decided yet. Full Size, $5 for a set of six.



Is this box worth $10: Yes, since all of these items are higher end samples (which is nice!)
Is this box worth my $10: I would say...yes. The products are all products I would use.  No foil packets, no perfume sample, and all generous sizes. The only reason I am not excited is because I recently stocked up on all these types of items. Hey, it happens. 

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own and I was not asked, nor do I get compensation, to review the box or these items.

If you would like to sign up for the Beauty Box yourself, here is the link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=l4w14

No comments:

Post a Comment