Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 2012 Birchbox (Goop Edition)



Unfortunately, I do have to say that this month's Birchbox is my least favorite out of the three I have received so far. I opted in for the Goop Birchbox instead of the regular Birchbox (which had a theme as "Transformation") because I thought that items from Goop ( a company ran by Gwyneth Paltrow) would have better items than Transformation. I did not want to end up with beauty items that I would only use for Halloween (which is how Transformation sounds to me).

I want to first say that this being my least favorite Birchbox has nothing to do with Goop. I have watched videos of others October Goop Birchboxes and they got some great items! I feel like I got leftovers for the Goop Box. I feel this way for two reasons: 1.) Even though my box came on time, it came a week later than those who got Goop Boxes that I really liked the items in. 2.) Other than the Goop Tissue outlining the box, NONE of my items were wrapped up. Usually, most of the items are wrapped in tissue paper and mine were kind of just thrown in there.

On to the box:


Here's what is in the box:
 1.) 2 Small Packets of Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre. This is just a upscale moisturizer. I will def use these packets and hope that they work better than other moisturizers  but these look like packets I get for free at the CVS Beauty Counter.
2.) Small Packet of Lulu Organics Lavender & Clary Sage Hair Powder: This is a dry shampoo. Not too excited that it comes as powder in a packet since using the sample can get messy if the sample lasts for more than one day. I will try it out, but I have not found dry shampoos to ever really work for me.
3.) Karuna Hydrating Treatment Mask: This is the one and only item that I was happy to receive in the box. Even though the packaging looks big it actually only contains a one time use mask. These are quite expensive (Full size: 4 masks for $28) so I hope it works wonders. Since this one sample averages out to be $7 this makes the Birchbox worth more than it looks.
4.) Naked Princess Naked Shine Luscious Lip Gloss. I do not think I will enjoy this lip gloss. It came in the size that a sample perfume comes in. The color is nude and usually that does not work well with my skin. I have said in the past that I like to gift samples that I do not want, but this item is way too small to even gift.
5.) The Lifestyle extra is a Luna Lemon Zest bar. I really do not like healthy snacks so while I will try it I was not excited to even get it in the box. Last month I got the Mighty Leaf Tea as a Lifestyle Extra and I absolutely hated it. I drink tea every day, mind you, and the tea was just horrible (Nothing against Mighty Leaf, but it tasted too "organic" to me)

As you can gather I got one less item than I did in last month's box. I want to continue getting the box at least through the holiday season in hopes that they Holiday Box will be a good one. 

Is this box worth $10: Due to the 1 Treatment Mask costing $7 then yes this box more than likely adds up to over $10
Is this box worth my $10: No. I like the mask, but still have not received a full size sample like others do each month. Also, like I stated previously I felt like I got the bottom of the barrel in terms of what came in the box.

I have high hopes for Birchbox so I will stick it out a few more months. Seeing what other people get in their box makes me want to keep my subscription but also irritates me at the same time. In the future I will be more careful about choosing a box other than the regular Birchboxes. 

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own and I was not asked, nor do I get compensation, to review the box or these items.

If you would like to sign up for the Beauty Box yourself, here is the link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=l4w14


No comments:

Post a Comment