Friday, September 21, 2012

September 2012 Birchbox



I am a little disappointed with the September Birchbox. Mostly because I received my box so much later than everyone else, and the tracking took FOREVER to update. I contacted their customer service a few times, and while they were prompt with their responses, they basically just copied and pasted what they had wrote before. Don't get me wrong, I still like this month's Birchbox, it is not terrible, but I certainly do not love it. My feelings mostly come from the fact that I was so hyped up to get it and then it was not what I was expecting. Anyways....to the box.


So the items in this months box are:

1.) One Twistband 
2.) Tiny Sample of Kate Spade New York "Twirl" Perfume
3.) Color Club Birchbox Custom Nailpolish
4.) Tiny Sample of Jouer Matte Moisture Tint
5.) Sample of Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel
6.) 3 Tea Packets of Mighty Leaf Tea
Also included; A coupon for $25 off a purchase of $75 or more at Madewell

So this box did have one more item than my last box so that is a good thing and I hope I continue to get six items in my box. Even though I will use most of these items I just feel that these items are okay, and not very exciting. I would love to see a full size cosmetic item in my box as others have. The twist band is so cute I will be sure to use that. I do not like to color nailpolish provided so I will be using that as a stocking stuffer. While I am a huge tea drinker, I do not drink Mighty Leaf, like ever. I will be sure to try it and let you guys know how it is though. 

Is this box worth $10: Yes, I feel that between the nail polish, the twist band, the 3 tea packets, and the travel size bottle of Boscia these items would cost over the $10 if you were to buy them all as is.
Is this box worth my $10: No. The nailpolish I won't use, but I know a few friends who would like it so I will give it to them for a gift. The tea I will drink but do not buy this brand. I can get much cheaper Cleansing Gel which works wonders on my skin. The only thing in this box that I would spend money on again in the future is the twist band. The coupon I will definitely not use since I do not have that much money to spend on clothes at the moment. 

The thing I love about Birchbox is that even though this was not my favorite box, I still can not wait for my next one! I understand that I am paying for a sample service, so while my posts are weighing the pros and cons of the $10 deposit on the box, I understand that I will not be receiving a box valued at much more than that. 

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own and I was not asked, nor do I get compensation, to review the box or these items.

If you would like to sign up for the Beauty Box yourself, here is the link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=l4w14




No comments:

Post a Comment