Friday, January 17, 2014

January 2014 Birchbox Unboxing Video & Review

View my Unboxing Video and then come back and read my post :)












Overall thoughts: This box is a 5/5 for me. This is what I expect a $10 Birchbox to be! Was it my favorite box ever? No, BUT the sample sizes were GREAT and the products are all products that I can and will use! They definitely stepped up their game this month!






Inside the box is:

1.) 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara | This is a great sample size black masacara. I will be trying it out eventually. Just do not smell it, it does not smell that great!  Full size, $18

2.)  Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Creme | I have never tried a Fekkai product before but hear about them a lot. This is a travel sized item, woo hoo! It made my ends look super shiny! Full size, $19.99

3.) Nail Rock Sequin Nail Polish | This is a product that is popular in the UK. I have not tried it out yet, but I hear it looks great but is messy to apply. This is a full size nail polish. Full Size, $6.99

4.) Paula's Choice Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum | Once again a great sized sample item. I am happy to try this out, I have used it once but obviously you do not see results that quickly. I was not using a product like this at the moment so I am happy that I got this!  Full Size, $26.95

5.) Ahmad Tea London Assorted Teas | This is a British Brand. They included three tea bags in the box. I have already tried the Black English No 1 tea and it was delicious!  Full Size, $7





Is this box worth $10: Yes, the items are all big this month and the nail polish alone was worth $7!
Is this box worth my $10: Yes. I will use ALL of the products! This is what a Birchbox should be! No foil packets, no small perfume sample. Birchbox should tell the companies it partners with that subscribers feel jipped getting these items. 

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own and I was not asked, nor do I get compensation, to review the box or these items.

If you would like to sign up for the Beauty Box yourself, here is the link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=l4w14

No comments:

Post a Comment