Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September 2014 Birchbox Review & Unboxing!

View my Unboxing Video and then come back and read my post :)













Overall thoughts: I give this box a rating of 2/5. This has been my least favorite box in the 2+ years that I have been subscribed. I would have given it a 3/5 but Birchbox lost a point after I saw what others actually received in their boxes. I am very disappointed in mine and definitely got the runt of the boxes this month. The only thing I am stoked about was the sample that I chose.







Inside the box is:

1.) Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum | The serum felt nice, smelled pretty good, but only lasted 2 uses and therefore I do not know what it actually did for me. Unfortunately, because this item was so expensive I think this is the item that counted for the majority of my box.  Full size, $79

2.)  Dear Clark Resurrecting Wash | I have not tried this shampoo yet. I will try it but it is like a woody scent that I would not have chose for myself. Sample size is okay but still not as large as the shampoos they sometimes send are. Full size, $24

3.) Dear Clark Resurrecting Rinse | Even though it is called a Rinse this is a Conditioner. It was sent along with the shampoo. Like I said I will use it but I wish it did not count as a whole separate item from the shampoo. Full Size, 24

4.)  Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit | I picked this as my sample choice because it was the best item offered. I did really like this when I have gotten in the past so I am of course happy I got this. It is a Birchbox Exclusive but makes your skin feel super clean and smooth! Full Size, $24.50

5.)  Smashbox Cosmetics Be legendary Lip Lacquer in Coral | I have so many lip products that I will not use this for a while. My second favorite item in the box but it is on the small side. Full Size, $20

Overall Birchbox Side Note: I still love their sample choice but for Octobers box there were 3 lip product options and 1 eyeliner option. I do not need Lip Products or Eyeliners like AT ALL at the moment. I chose one of my lip products anyway but wish they would have mixed it up a bit more!







Is this box worth $10: Probably yes just because the full size Caudalie is SO expensive that my tiny weeny sample is probably worth the cost of the box.
Is this box worth my $10: No. I would have not paid $10 for this box. I would have been sad missing out on the Liz Earle but I KNEW I was getting that. All my SURPRISE samples were just kind of did not do it for me this month. If they had thrown in a lifestyle extra or a 6th item I probably would have been a lot happier!

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own and I was not asked, nor do I get compensation, to review the box or these items.

If you would like to sign up for the Beauty Box yourself, here is the link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=l4w14

No comments:

Post a Comment