Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 2013 Birchbox


View my Unboxing Video and then come back and read my post :)




This was not a terrible box, but I was expecting a bit more. The samples are not bad in size, they are just not very 'exciting' so to speak. Also, this box seems a little empty.




Inside the box is:

1.) Harvey Prince Skinny Chic Perfume Sample. I have not received a perfume sample in my box for the last couple months, and honestly I was okay with that. Perfume samples are just too small for anyone to be that excited about them. They could be replaced with a much more useful item. This one does not smell so bad though. It is a little flowery and has a spray top. Full size, $21-55

2.) Lashem Measurable Difference Lash Gel Serum. This tiny sample, above the perfume sample, is supposed to be used once a day to give you longer, thicker lashes. I just do not feel comfortable trying to "grow" my lashes, besides I think they are fine in length and thickness, therefore I would not use a product like this.  Full size, $69.99

3.) Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo. Great sized shampoo sample! It's even larger than most travel size shampoos you can buy! This is a product I do like to see in my boxes. The bottle looks like a product testing bottle though. Full Size, $32

4.) theBalm Cosmetics Hot Mama. I figured out that this is a blush and highlighter. I will def use this and am happy to see this in my box! Full Size, $20

5.) The Beauty Extra is Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream. These are the two foil packets. Foil packets are not 'deluxe samples' in my opinion but none the less I will use the face cream. Honestly though the cream smells like pickles. Full Size, $42

So not my favorite box but not every box can be. More skincare items than cosmetics items and maybe they did away with the lifestyle extras? I only seem to get "Beauty Extras" now. 

Is this box worth $10: All of the items are really expensive as full size products so yes the little sizes would add up to over $10.
Is this box worth my $10: No. I would prefer not to have the perfume and Lashem items in my box. Therefore 3/5 items is not worth my $10 in my opinion. 

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own and I was not asked, nor do I get compensation, to review the box or these items.

If you would like to sign up for the Beauty Box yourself, here is the link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=l4w14

No comments:

Post a Comment