Saturday, November 17, 2012

Birchbox November 2012 Review


View my unboxing video then come back and read my post :)





I got some great products in this month's box, but unfortunately no full size products. I have seen a lot of other reviews on the November box and others have received full size mascaras, eyeliners, and lip glosses  While my products were great, none were full size. If anyone has ever received a full size product from Birchbox please let me know why you think so (Do you subscribe yearly? How long have you been subscribed?)



Here's what is in the box:
 1.) Atelier Colgone. This perfume sample was just not for me. It did not smell like a flower at all even though it is called "Rose Anonyme Colohne Absolue". Also, it did not have a spray top. It had a pull off top, which I find very inconvenient since I use these on the go. I prefer a more fruity scent so I will not use this. Full size, $75-195.

2.) Miracle Skin Transformer Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector: This cream is supposed to banish imperfections. I am very excited to try this out. It is on the smaller side for a sample, but nonetheless I am happy to get the product in my box. Full size, $58.

3.) Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray: You spray this onto the ends of your roots for voluminous, sexy, tousled hair. I will probably not use this since these products usually do nothing for me. I will make it a stocking stuffer. Full size, $25

4.) stila all over shimmer liquid luminizer. I actually thought this was strictly a lipgloss considering the tube it came in, but you can actually use it anywhere on your face for shimmer all over. I have tried it on my lips and it is very shimmery. I have not tried a stila product before, but so far I am impressed. Full size ,$20

5.) The Lifestyle extra is a Chuao Chocolatier. I am very excited to try this because I got a potato chip covered in chocolate, sounds so good! What upsets me is that I only got one chip :(. A full size package comes with 7 and is $7.95. That is really expensive considering that they are smaller than a Lay's Chip! 

I really loved the products in this box, but I hope sometime soon I will get a full size product.  I want to continue getting the box at least through the holiday season in hopes that they Holiday Box will be a good one. This box also came with a postcard, a gift guide, and a $15 off coupon (for shoes that cost $88!). I wish that they would get rid of those types of items and add another sample! Though I am very happy that I did not get any foil packets this time around!

Is this box worth $10: With the 1 chocolate covered potato chip costing over $1, and the other samples being good sizes I would say yes. 
Is this box worth my $10: If this were my first box I would say no, but considering the fact that my last two would duds, this makes me say YES this is finally worth some bit of my money. 


Disclaimer: These opinions are my own and I was not asked, nor do I get compensation, to review the box or these items.

If you would like to sign up for the Beauty Box yourself, here is the link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=l4w14

2 comments:

  1. I got the same box! I agree with you about it being annoying that the perfume is not a spray vial, but some companies just don't do that. I have been a subscriber for 4 months now, and my first month was the only one that had a full-sized product, although my second box had a travel-sized product that you can buy in that size at stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also been subscribed for 4 months. I have to say that I am happy that this box at least restored some part of the excitement that I had for getting the boxes. I just love getting surprises in the mail!

    ReplyDelete